Tuesday, June 30, 2015

You know your marriage is dead. We know the law.

When you realize that your marriage is dead, all sorts of emotions start flowing.  Some find peace.  Others are depressed.  The person that you thought you were going to spend the rest of your life with, is no longer the person you married.

If you feel sad, depressed, troubled, or any of the other plethora of emotions, you should seek a mental health care professional.  Jeffrey Jacobson recommends a psychologist.  A psychologist specializing in marriage would be the best.  They are trained to help you with your new beginning.

One of the first things you need to do is give yourself time to grieve.  Research shows that the end of a marriage is like the death of someone.  One of the best ways to grieve is to set aside time to be sad.  This could be the whole weekend, or a few hours each night.  Also, journaling is a great way to handle all of the emotions.  Journalling is putting down all of the things that are bothering you and make you happy.  This journal will be beneficial to your psychologist and your attorney.

Then, you should immediately contact an attorney that practices in family law.  Jeffrey Jacobson has almost 25 years of representing people that need a divorce.  He understands the trauma and the future for his clients.  You are going to need financial direction, emotional direction, and to work through the maze of the law, you are going to need Jeffrey M. Jacobson to help you.

If there is a child, then you need someone that has been representing parents to protect their rights.  Jeffrey M. Jacobson has been protecting and advocating for parent's rights since he began practicing law.

When you are ready for the divorce, yes, it is sometimes a difficult word to say, you need to focus on five issues:  (1)  custody and visitation, if there are children, (2) Child support, if there are children.  (3) division of assets, (4) division of debts, and (5) maintenance.

Call Jeffrey M. Jacobson at 331-222-9529 any time you feel you need someone on your side.

For more information, go to my web site www.JeffJacobsonLaw.com or email me at LawJake12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment