Friday, July 4, 2014

child support is not just for the custodian parent.

For many parents in a divorce, they believe that only the custodial parent can receive child support. However, the Illinios First District Appellate Court has made it clear that child support shall be paid to the parent that needs the money to ensure that the child has appropriate housing and amenities during his or her period with the non-custodial parent.   See In re Marriage of Turk, 2013 IL App (1st) 122486, or my website for more information.  When looking for a divorce attorney, consider the attorney's knowledge on relevant law.  For example, years before this case was decided, I was successfully arguing this point. "You know your marriage is dead,  we know the law."

No comments:

Post a Comment